Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Following these water damage tips for Meriden and surrounding areas (such as Wallingford, Southington, South Meriden, Tracy, Milldale, Marion, and Plantsville) is the first critical step in protecting your home or business from continued “hidden” water damage.
In most cases, the consequences of water damage require experts equipped with current technology and expertise. Sometimes water damage doesn't seem like a disaster. However, if water damage is not dried properly it can cause mold, mildew, and structural issues for your home or business.
If you are concerned about water damage, you can contact our expertly trained team here at SERVPRO® of Meriden to evaluate the situation and offer a free estimate with no obligation.
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (800) 734-3213
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.