What Is Black Mold?
Mold Needs Moisture and Organic Nutrients to Flourish.
Mold is a type of fungus that grows by creating little spores that can hold up remarkably well to harsh weather circumstances and grow easily over big areas.
Mold spores live everyplace in the outdoor environments and can come inside through open entryways, air ducts, windows, vents, etc. or attached to clothes, footwear, and handbags. Once the mold spores get into the interior your home, they remain inactive ready and waiting for the right condition to begin developing. Considering many forms of mold can produce a physical response, you should talk to us despite the color or variety of mold. In many situations, multiple varieties of mold may live in the same home or building. If you speculate you have a mold predicament, contact SERVPRO of Meriden immediately.
Learn more about mold and what to do until help arrives by visiting Mold Damage Tips.
How Do I Tell If It’s Black Mold?
Since many types of mold can cause reactions, you should contact us regardless of the color or type of mold. In many instances, multiple types of mold may exist in the same house or structure. If you suspect you have a mold problem, contact SERVPRO of Meriden immediately.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – (800) 734-3213
When water intrudes into your property, mold growth can start in as little as 48 hours. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic, float along in the air, and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor, and that odor can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO of Meriden is locally owned and operated—so we live and work here too and are proud to be part of this community. We are also part of a national network of over 1,600 Franchises with special Disaster Recovery Teams placed strategically throughout the country to respond to large scale disasters.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- South Meriden