Mold Remediation and Restoration
- 24-Hour Emergency Service
- Faster to Any Size Disaster
- Highly Trained Mold Remediation Technicians
- Specialized Mold Remediation Equipment
- A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
- Locally Owned and Operated
Mold in your house may seem scary, but SERVPRO is Here to Help.
As a professional mold remediation company, SERVPRO of Meriden can safely and properly remediate mold in your home or business. Many mold "removal" companies are incorrect in saying they are able to "remove" all mold from your property - and that's because it's everywhere! Mold grows and becomes an issue only after being exposed to moisture. That's why mold loves to grow in damp, dark places, like basements, under sinks, behind refrigerators, in stacks of wet or damp papers & clothes, under wet carpets, and more.
Signs of Mold
If you know the signs of mold, it’s easier to get it taken care of before it spreads and gets worse.
- Strong, musty odors in areas of your home may indicate mold.
- Water damage or water leaks. If there's water stains, discoloration on walls, or bubbling & cracking paint, you may have water damage in your home. This creates the perfect, moist environment for mold to grow.
- Past flooding or storm damage.
- Persistent allergies. If you feel that you are having health effects that could be an allergic reaction to mold but have no visible mold or other allergens in your home, consider having mold testing done.
- Visible mold. There are many types of mold that are different colors, sizes, and may grow in different ways.
Read our Mold Damage Tips to see what to do until help arrives.
If You See Signs of Mold,
Call Us Today – (800) 734-3213
Microscopic mold spores exist almost everywhere, outdoors and indoors, making it impossible to remove all mold from a home or business. Some restoration businesses advertise “mold removal” and even guarantee to remove all mold, which is a fallacy. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
Why Choose SERVPRO of Meriden?
We’re Faster to Any Size Disaster
In as little as 48 hours, a minor mold issue can quickly spread through a home or business. Once you contact us, we’re dedicated to starting the remediation process quickly. This fast response lessens the mold damage, limits additional damage, and reduces the remediation cost.
We’re Highly Trained Mold Remediation Specialists
As water and mold damage specialists, we have the experience, the expertise, and the advanced training that enables us to get your property restored quickly and thoroughly.
- Applied Microbial Remediation Specialist
- Water Damage Restoration Technician
- Applied Structural Drying Technician
We Use Advanced Mold Remediation Techniques and Equipment
Our advanced equipment helps to detect and stop the source of water feeding the mold. We then isolate the affected area using a negative air pressure chamber.
The Mold Remediation Process
Every mold damage scenario is different, and requires a unique solution, but the general mold remediation process stays the same. The steps listed below illustrate our “typical” process:
- Emergency Contact - (800) 734-3213
- Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
- Mold Containment
- Air Filtration
- Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
- Cleaning Contents and Belongings
Common Mold Misconceptions
With sensational news stories and misleading advertising, you can easily understand why so many people are misinformed about indoor mold. Learn the facts about mold and the mold remediation process.
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
We live and work in this community too; we might even be neighbors. As a locally owned and operated business, SERVPRO of Meriden is close by and ready to help with your mold-damaged property. We are proud to be an active member of the Meriden community and want to pitch in and help make our community the best it can be.
When a major storm or event occurs, we can call upon our national network of 1,700 SERVPRO Franchises and special Disaster Recovery Teams if we need additional resources or personnel.
We are proud to serve our local communities: