Evacuation when Medical Supplies Are Needed for your Well-being in Meriden CT
Storm Damage & Evacuation in Meriden CT.
Some of these items can be kept in a waterproof container (your emergency kit). Medications probably cannot, but you can have them ready to bring with you.
SERVPRO of Meriden suggests having these items prepared in the event you would need to evacuate your home in Meriden.
- Copies of medical insurance & Medicare cards
- Warm blankets
- Extra clothing, especially socks & undergarments
- Bottled water
- Batteries for your electronic devices
- Written contact list
Some people in Meriden will also need to consider the following:
- Make sure that at least one other person can get your medications & supplies
- Have at least a week-long supply of prescription medicines
- A list of all medications, dosages, and allergies
- An extra pair of glasses or extra contact lenses
- Hearing-aid batteries
- Games & activities for children
If you have pets in Meriden, consider these items:
- Pet food and toys
- Toys or comfort objects
- Vet information
Some shelters will not or cannot allow pets. Ahead of an emergency, find out which ones will allow your 4-legged loved ones. All shelters allow service animals. FEMA for more details.