Meriden Cleaning Experts
Our crews are ready to respond to sanitize your business or office.
SERVPRO is Here to Help during this time of need
During this unprecedented time caused by the global pandemic of coronavirus, this is a reminder to our customers that we are specialists in cleaning services, and we adhere to the highest cleaning and sanitation standards.
We are prepared to clean and disinfect your home or business, according to protocols set forth by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. We have years of experience in dealing with biological contaminants, and we will go beyond the scope of work that regular janitorial staff perform on a daily basis.
The CDC encourages cleaning of high-touch surfaces such as counters, tabletops, doorknobs, light switches, bathroom fixtures, toilets, phones, keyboards, tablets and tables. Other spaces mentioned in the CDC’s guidance for commercial spaces include:
- Kitchen/Food Areas
- Retail Spaces
- Water Fountains
- Sales Counters
- Carpets and Rugs
- Stair Handrails
- Elevator Cars
- Playground Equipment
- Fitness Equipment
The CDC recommends usage of a labeled hospital-grade disinfectant with claims against similar pathogens to the coronavirus. Multiple products in the SERVPRO product line carry the EPA-approved emerging pathogens claims. While there is currently no product tested against this particular strain of the coronavirus, we are following all guidelines as provided by the CDC and local authorities.
Call Today for a Proactive Cleaning - 800-734-3213
If your home or business needs deep cleaning services, call the experts at SERVPRO of Meriden today!
What Do You Do When Your Basement Floods?
SERVPRO of Meriden was onsite within 45 minutes for this flooded basement cleanup! All water was extracted in a little less than 3 hours.
You walk downstairs to do laundry and find that there’s water in your basement. What do you do? Do you know who to call? What to do first? Are your belongings ruined by the water? Basement flooding can overwhelm any homeowner - but don’t worry, we’ll walk you through the steps of a flooded basement cleanup here!
What To Do When Your Basement Floods
- Never immediately enter a flooded crawlspace or basement. Be sure to assess the situation first. If there’s a large amount of standing water, you should turn off both the electricity and gas before entering. If your circuit breaker is in the basement or you’re not sure how to turn off the power - call an electrician for help. Even after the power is off, enter with caution! If there were any appliances or electrical equipment in the flooded basement, you want to be sure it’s safe to enter before you do.
- Find rain boots and other protective gear to wear before entering a flooded basement. You don’t want to come into contact with dirty or contaminated flood water and become sick. If the water is high enough, you may want to consider wearing chest waders as well. But, if the water in your basement is this high, we wouldn’t recommend handling the situation or entering by yourself. Call a flooded basement cleanup company who is equipped to handle major flooding, like SERVPRO of Meriden.
- Determine the source of your flooding. This will help guide your next steps in the cleanup process. If the flood water is due to heavy rains, wait until the storm passes and no more water is entering the basement to take action. If your flooded basement is due to something like a burst pipe, water heater, furnace, or any other faulty appliances, turn off your water immediately! This may be obvious, but it will help to prevent more flooding.
- If there’s a sump pump or floor drain in your basement, try and check them out. Is your sump pump failing? Is the floor drain clogged? If so, try to get your sump pump to work or the drain unclogged to help drain standing water in your basement.
- Start the water removal process. For minor flooding or puddles of water, you should try and use a wet dry vacuum to extract water, utilize your sump pump, or even use a mop, rag and bucket. If there’s a few inches or more of water, it may be best to call a flood removal company like SERVPRO of Meriden to help. Our advanced equipment can quickly remove all water from your basement - a factor that is highly important to prevent mold growth.
- Dry EVERYTHING out as best as you can. Start by removing wet or water damaged items so they can begin to dry faster and decide what things can’t be saved. Set up fans, dehumidifiers, and open windows to help dry out the basement. If there was a lot of standing water, especially for an extended amount of time, your household equipment may not be able to completely dry the area out. In this case, call SERVPRO of Meriden or another water damage restoration company. We use high grade equipment and measurement techniques to quickly and thoroughly dry your basement and ensure no moisture is left behind - we have it down to a science.
- Wash and sanitize basement walls and floors. You want to remove any dirt or gunk left behind from the flood water, as well as help prevent mold and mildew growth. This is especially important if the flood water was from a stream, river, sewer backup, or any other unsanitary or contaminated source.
- Take preventative measures so that your basement doesn’t flood again! If the reason for your flooding was a failed sump pump, clogged drain, crack in foundation, or a burst pipe, be sure to get it fixed. If inadequate drainage was an issue, be sure to navigate water further away from the walls of your home. Lastly, if your basement is naturally prone to flooding, consider waterproofing it and moving appliances onto cinder blocks or a different floor of your home. This will help prevent them from being submerged if your basement floods again.
What Are The Causes of Basement Flooding?
There’s many different reasons for flooded or wet basements. Basement flooding is usually caused by insufficient drainage around basement walls, heavy rains bringing in rainwater through cracks in the foundation, failing sump pumps, clogged floor drains, burst pipes, or a combination of these factors. Luckily, there are solutions to many of these problems, such as investing in better drainage systems, changing where water runs off from your home, or waterproofing your basement.
Should You Call A Professional To Help With A Flooded Basement Cleanup?
If the water in your basement is past your ankles, we would strongly recommend calling a professional flooded basement cleanup company like SERVPRO of Meriden. As water damage restoration specialists, we have all the resources and expertise necessary to rapidly remove all water from your basement, dry it out, sanitize, and restore any damaged areas. Fast action is essential when it comes to flooding and water damage to help prevent mold growth, odors, and structural decay.
SERVPRO of Meriden provides all customers:
Have Questions or Need Help? Call SERVPRO of Meriden Today! 800-734-3213
7 Things To Know For A Burst Pipe Cleanup in Meriden
Two pipes burst in the attic of this home affecting ceilings, hardwood floors, and carpets on all levels.
A burst pipe can be a nightmare for any homeowner. Will the damage be covered by insurance? Who are you supposed to call for help? Can you clean up the mess yourself? What should you do first? Don’t worry – we’ll answer all your questions in a second.
7 Things to do when you find a burst pipe:
- Turn off your water supply. If the leak is located near any electrical appliances, make sure the power is also shut off before you start cleaning.
- Call a plumber. You’re going to need help fixing the pipe that burst.
- Remove wet furniture, carpets or any personal belongings from the rooms that were flooded. Wait until later to see if they’re salvageable – you have a few other problems to solve first.
- Begin removing any standing water as fast as possible. If there’s only puddles, try to use towels and mop the water up. If there’s more water, you might want to consider buying a wet-dry shop vac to remove the water.
- Dry out the affected area. Use fans on their highest settings and set up dehumidifiers to try and completely dry the area. If there was a significant amount of water, household fans and dehumidifiers may not be able to completely dry the room.
- If you find that water has absorbed into the subfloor, drywall, carpeting, or cabinets, the best next step would be to contact a professional water damage restoration company, like SERVPRO of Meriden. Restoration companies use moisture readers and professional grade drying equipment to ensure your home has been properly dried to prevent future mold growth or structural deterioration.
- If needed, restore and rebuild the water damaged area. You may need to paint, install new floor, carpet or cabinets, or deeply clean the affected area.
Why should I make sure to properly dry out water-damaged areas?
If you don’t properly mitigate water damage, a few issues may result. Check out our water damage timeline for more details.
- Mold and mildew can begin to grow and spread around your home in as little as 48 hours.
- Paint begins to bubble and blister
- Wood flooring may swell and warp.
- Over time, if major water damage is left unmitigated it can cause serious structural safety issues and drive up restoration and reconstruction costs.
Are Burst Water Pipes Covered by My Homeowners Insurance?
Generally, the damage from a burst pipe will be covered by your homeowners insurance as it is a sudden and unforeseen loss. You will have to show that the damage in your home came from the burst pipe, and that you weren’t responsible for the pipe bursting in the first place (For example, neglecting to repair an old and corroded pipe may result in your claim being denied – as you could have fixed the issue beforehand).
If you’re unsure about your coverage, call your insurance agent and ask them.
SERVPRO of Meriden can also help guide you through the insurance process. Our First Responders can review your insurance on site, tell you if your loss will be covered, and the best ways to file your claim to ensure it isn’t denied.
Have Questions or Need Help? Call SERVPRO of Meriden for Burst Pipe Cleanup & Repairs - 800-734-3213
We are highly trained water removal and cleanup specialists and are ready to service your Meriden area home when flooding or water leaks cause water damage.
SERVPRO of Meriden provides all customers:
Don’t wait for water damage to get worse. Call 800-734-3213 to speak with our on-call technicians now!
Deep Floor Cleaning In Meriden
Before & after of a commercial floor cleaning in Wallingford. We exceeded the owner's expectations!
Sometimes life gets messy. Drinks are spilled, dirt builds up in air ducts, and hard to reach places build up with grime. When the mess becomes too much for you or regular cleaning service, SERVPRO of Meriden can help.
A local business called us in to clean the grime off of laminate floors in a large room, which was also covered in a film of aerosol spray from a contractor. To be able to clean the dirt from the floor, we first had to get through the residue covering the entire floor! But, as you can see in the photo, our crews had no trouble completely cleaning the floor of all residues beyond the owner's expectations. They'll be sure to call us again for any commercial cleaning needs!
Our Residential and Commercial Cleaning Services Include:
- Carpet & Upholstery Cleaning
- Drapes and Blinds
- Air Duct & HVAC Cleaning
- Odor Removal
- Sewage & Biohazard Cleanup
- Trauma and Crime Scene Cleanup
- Ceilings, Walls, and Hard Floors
- Vandalism Cleanup
We have the expertise and resources to make any dirt, dust, graffiti or grime "Like it never even happened." Give us a call to schedule an appointment today!
Fire Damage Restoration Process in Meriden
Don't let fire damage devastate your home. Give us a call to restore your property to pre-fire condition.
A fire can be devastating for your home or business.
After the fire is out, you may be left with multiple areas of damage. The fire may have compromised the structure of the building, soot and smoke damage can effect walls and furniture, and you may face water damage from putting the fire out.
So, where do you start after the flames are out?
Every fire damage event is a little different, and requires a unique solution, but the general process stays the same. The steps listed below illustrate our process for the “typical” fire damage emergency.
Step 1: Emergency Contact
The restoration process begins when you call us. Our representative will ask questions regarding the fire damage event that will help us respond immediately with the appropriate equipment and resources.
Step 2: Inspection and Fire Damage Assessment
We carefully inspect and test adjoining rooms of your property to determine the extent of the fire, smoke, and soot damage. This step is crucial to developing a plan of action.
Step 3: Immediate Board-Up and Roof-Tarp Service
Fire damage can often compromise windows, walls, and roofs. To maintain security and to protect against further damage, we can board up missing windows and walls and place tarps on damaged roofs.
Step 4: Water Removal and Drying (if water damage is present)
The water removal process begins almost immediately and removes the majority of the water. We then use dehumidifiers and air movers to remove the remaining water and complete the drying process.
Step 5: Removal of Smoke and Soot from All Surfaces
We use specialized equipment and techniques to remove smoke and soot from ceilings, walls, and other surfaces.
Step 6: Cleaning and Sanitizing
We clean, sanitize, and disinfect all of the restorable items and structures that were damaged by the fire. We use a variety of cleaning techniques to restore your belongings to pre-fire condition. We’re also trained to remove odors using industrial air scrubbers and fogging equipment.
Step 7: Restoration
Restoration is the final step—getting your home or business to its pre-fire condition. Restoration may involve minor repairs, such as replacing drywall, painting, and installing new carpet; or it may entail major repairs such as the reconstruction of various areas or rooms in a home or business.
SERVPRO of Meriden can restore your property back to pre-fire condition.
We specialize in fire and water damage remediation and restoration. We’re dedicated to responding immediately when you need help with fire or water damage to help lessen the damage, limit further damage, and reduce restoration costs.
We’re open 24/7, 365 days a year to respond to your call.
Don’t wait if you have fire damage, call today.
Causes of Water Damage
The discoloration on this ceiling is due to water damage from above.
What are the causes of water damage? Well, water damage comes in many shapes and sizes; some that are easy to identify and others that are not. Knowing the common causes of water damage can help prevent damage to your home. The earlier you can identify water damage, the less work will have to be done by a water damage restoration company to restore your home. This minimizes cost and time displaced from your home or business due to repairs.
Causes of Water Damage Include:
Leaking or Burst Pipes
Leaking or burst pipes are common causes of water damage. These issues can come from changes in water pressure, temperature changes, or the deterioration of old pipes. In the winter, uninsulated pipes can also freeze and burst.
These kind of water damage issues can be hard to detect until there is clear water damage on your walls or ceilings since pipes and hoses are usually hidden within walls. Keep an eye out on your water bill and periodically check for leaks under sinks, toilets, and around showers to find possible plumbing issues that can cause water damage.
Old or Worn Household Appliances
Did you know the average washing machine supply hose fails after just 8.7 years, and 75% of water heaters fail within 12 years? The hoses on these appliances should be changed when you can see any sort of wear to prevent them cracking and leaking everywhere in your home. Look out for all of your other appliances which have water hookups as well, like refrigerators with ice makers.
HVAC units are also a common cause of water damage. When not maintained, moisture can build up creating not only water damage, but space for mold and mildew to grow and spread around your home.
Clogs in drain lines or heavy rains can cause sewage to backup into your home through floor drains, toilets, and sinks. This type of water damage should absolutely be handled by water damage specialists to correctly decontaminate, sanitize, and restore rooms affected by sewage water.
Now that you know several major causes of water damage in home and businesses, you can prevent unmitigated damages to your home. But, if disaster strikes, call SERVPRO of Meriden with any water damage issues.
No job is too big – we have the experience and resources necessary to restore your home to pre-damage conditions
We’re open 24/7 and waiting for your call. 800-734-3213
Commercial Loss Preparations in the Meriden Area
SERVPRO of Meriden is faster to any size disaster!
Surviving a big commercial property loss successfully takes planning. Fire, water, or storm damage is unpredictable and can happen to any property at any time.
Consider taking these steps with SERVPRO of Meriden to be prepared if you are faced with a commercial loss:
- ERP - The Emergency Response Plan
- We make an Emergency Response Plan for your specific property. The plan permits us to collect information before a disaster strikes your business. That means we are already set to get work if your property suffers a loss.
- Pre-disaster consultation
- We will visit and inspect your commercial property so that we know what to expect if you suffer a loss.
- Response Time ALPHA
- You're our Emergency Response Plan (ERP) Client, our 1st priority whether its a big weather event like a hurricane or tornado. Our crew will be on-site fast.
Call SERVPRO of Meriden if your commercial property suffers any damages which require our mitigation.
Available 24/7 365 days a year.
What Is The Commercial Water Damage Process?
SERVPRO of Meriden is faster to any size disaster - even large office buildings!
When your business or commercial property has water damage, it may be overwhelming to figure out where to start.
SERVPRO of Meriden will assist you every step of the way in restoring your commercial property. We understand that every hour of our work is an hour of lost work for your business. Because of this, our goal is to be as efficient and non-intrusive as possible while restoring your property.
To clear up any uncertainties, SERVPRO of Meriden will always answer any questions or concerns around the process.
Water Damage Restoration Process:
- Emergency Contact
- Inspection & Water Damage Assessment
- Water Removal / Water Extraction
- Drying and Dehumidification
- Cleaning & Sanitizing
Our technicians are available 24/7 for emergency services and will respond day or night. We even offer free estimates and will help you through the insurance process.
Call SERVPRO of Meriden for any Commercial Water Damage Cleanup & Restoration Needs.
First Annual Coat Drive in Meriden
We were able to donate 13 boxes full of winter coats to different shelters in the Meriden and New Haven, Connecticut area!
This year, SERVPRO of Meriden started its first annual coat drive for homeless shelters in our area!
On our very first year, we exceeded our monetary goal of $500 and we were able to collect over 80 coats. All together, using the monetary donations and the physical donations, we were able to donate 120 coats to local shelters in the Meriden and New Haven, Connecticut area! Donations ranged from children's coats to both men and women's jackets.
The contributions we received this year were absolutely amazing. Thank you to all of our generous donors for contributing to our first annual coat drive!
If you missed out on donating - no worries! We will be sure to get the word out for our second annual coat drive next year.
Commercial Water Damage Prevention Tips in Meriden
Water damage tips for commercial buildings
Equipment and parts age and deteriorate. Accidents happen. Things break and fail. If and when water-management equipment or plumbing in your facility breaks or leaks, it can result in high water damage restoration fees. To avoid commercial water damage, the key is maintenance and inspection.
You should habitually inspect all plumbing that you can see, test sump pumps, check and clean outdoor downspouts and gutters that drain water away from your building. Make sure your roof is in great shape and repair any damage.
Everyone that manages a commercial property can agree that a water leak is the one of the most costly damage to repair. Many times, water damage restoration can cost thousands of dollars to clean up when there's a problem.
Let your local experts handle this. We can be contacted at 1-800-374-3213